Do you want to broaden your culinary skills (even if your cooking skills are currently beans on toast)?
Here at Mitchells & Butlers we offer a Level 2 Hospitality Food Production and Cooking, also known as our Chef Apprenticeship. Receiving 30 hours paid work per week in one of our businesses, you will receive the training to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment, producing a range of signature dishes to brand standards. By learning to combine ingredients for the best results, you will have a solid grounding to progress in a kitchen!
What does that mean?
- A mixture of remote and face to face visits every 4 - 6 weeks,
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- On-line assessments and workshops
- Reviews every 12 weeks with Team Member, Regional Trainer and General Manager
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress,
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
- 30 hours paid work guaranteed every week
Are you looking to learn the skills necessary to progress in the kitchen?
You will learn how to:
- Maintain of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Prepare food using the correct technical methods
- And much more
What will I achieve?
You will achieve a nationally recognised, industry relevant apprenticeship, which is a certification of your transferable skills will stay with you throughout your career.
You will also develop skills that will ensure you are an asset to any business. Working so closely with others will enhance your communication skills to become a true team worker.
Lastly, if you haven’t achieved your Maths and English Functional Skills at Level 2, we will help you work towards these. If you can provide copies of grades A-C in these subjects, you will be exempt.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be between school leaving age and 24*, have the right to work in the UK, no criminal convictions and not be in full time education.
We like you to have certain traits – to be hard working, with a good work ethic and the desire to learn. Our employees have to be self-motivated to work under pressure and time constraints, and of course a passion for food is vital! But remember, we don’t expect you to have any relevant experience. We are looking for your personality and potential instead!
*In Scotland, this is school leavers age and 19