Do you want to broaden your horizons (and even your cooking skills)? Are you willing to go the extra mile to deliver exceptional customer service?
Here at Mitchells & Butlers we offer our three year Hospitality Management Development Apprenticeship. In your first year, you will achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Services Apprenticeship made up of 8 months learning the basic skills and knowledge required to operate as part of a busy kitchen team, followed by four months serving food and drink to our guests. Gaining experience from both perspectives will help you decide whether to continue your development towards a target role as a Kitchen Manager or Assistant Manager.
We will give you the skills necessary to manage a team and drive results for the business you work in. From developing and implementing operational plans, conducting quality audits to managing budgets; you will take control of your own personal development and the development of your team.
What does that mean?
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
- 30 hours paid work every week
What will I learn?
Once you have grasped the core skills needed to become a team member, you will further develop in the following areas:
- Consistently engage with guests and team members
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders
- Understand and implement different leadership and management style over multiple departments
- Follow company codes of practise
- Recruit the appropriate team members and manage their inductions
- Managing and implementing change in the workplace
- Analyse competitor activity
- Understand financial management
What will I achieve?
You will achieve a nationally recognised, industry relevant apprenticeship, which is a certification of your transferable skills, which will stay with you throughout your career.
You will also develop skills that will ensure you are an asset to any business, enhancing your communication and management skills to reach your career potential within hospitality management.
Lastly, to compliment your apprenticeship, you will also improve your Maths and English functional skills throughout the apprenticeship.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be between 18 and 24*, have the right to work in the UK, no criminal convictions and not be in full time education.
We like you to have certain traits – to be hard working, with a good work ethic and the desire to learn. Our employees have to be self-motivated to work under pressure and time constraints, and of course a passion for hospitality is vital! But remember, we don’t expect you to have any relevant experience - we are looking for your personality and potential instead!
*In Scotland, You must be a school leaver between the ages of 18 – 19.