Do you have a real passion for food (and not just eating it)? Do you live within an hour’s commute of our academies in Harborne (Birmingham) or Watford (North London) or Manchester? Are you looking to learn a mixture of practical skills, taught by a world-class team?
Mitchells & Butlers now offers a Commis Chef Apprenticeship (Level 2), a twelve month programme to help you get to grips with the basics of a working kitchen.
But what does that mean?
- Individual learning plan tailored to your needs to ensure you get the best out of our programme
- 24 days of hands on food skill tutoring in our academies in Watford, Manchester or Harborne, twice a month, to be taught practical skills by one of our award-winning chefs
- Enrichment events to ensure you cover all aspects of the syllabus, we hold enrichment event where you can learn snazzy new skills and put them into practice
- In-business mentoring where you can put all those skills you have learnt in the classroom into practise in a real-life environment
- 30 hours paid work guaranteed every week, where you will help with the everyday running of the business as a valued member of the team
- Gala dinner as long as you pass!
What will I learn?
We try and give you as broad an understanding of the hospitality industry as possible, so you’re in the best possible position to progress after your apprenticeship. Some of the modules you will cover include:
- Preparing and cooking fresh fish dishes
- Preparing and cooking of meat dishes
- Portioning and cooking fresh poultry
- Working safely in a working environment
- And many more...
How will I be assessed?
To ensure we can see all of your best work, we assess your work in many different ways. Assessments will take place at the workplace, at your training academy and also as part of your four part final assessment.
We know mistakes are going to happen over the year, but by assessing you in loads of different ways and places, your ability will always shine through!
What are the entry requirements?
You must have the right to work in the UK, no criminal convictions and not be in full time education.
We like you to have certain traits – to be hard working, with a good work ethic and the desire to learn. Our employees have to be self-motivated to work under pressure and time constraints, and of course a passion for food is vital! But remember, we don’t expect you to have any relevant experience. We are looking for your personality and potential instead!