Do you want to broaden your culinary skills (even if your cooking skills are currently beans on toast)?
Here at Mitchells & Butlers we offer a Level 2 Hospitality Food Production and Cooking Apprenticeship, also known as our Chef Apprenticeship. Receiving 30 hours paid work per week in one of our businesses, you will receive the training to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment, producing a range of signature dishes to brand standards. By learning to combine ingredients for the best results, you will have a solid grounding to progress in any kitchen!
What does that mean?
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks,
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
- 30 hours paid work every week
Are you looking to learn the skills necessary to progress in the kitchen?
You will learn how to:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Prepare food using the correct technical methods
- And much more...
What will I achieve?
You will achieve a nationally recognised, industry relevant apprenticeship, which is a certification of your transferable skills, which will stay with you throughout your career.
You will also develop skills that will ensure you are a knowledgeable team member and an asset to any business, enhancing your ability to work as part of a team and your communication skills.
Lastly, to compliment your apprenticeship, you will also improve your Maths and English functional skills throughout the apprenticeship.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be between school leaving age and 24*, have the right to work in the UK, no criminal convictions and not be in full time education.
We like you to have certain traits – to be hard working, with a good work ethic and the desire to learn. Our employees have to be self-motivated to work under pressure and time constraints, and of course a passion for food is vital! But remember, we don’t expect you to have any relevant experience - we are looking for your personality and potential instead!
*In Scotland, you must be a school leaver up to 19 yrs of age.