Do you want to broaden your horizons (and even your cooking skills)? Are you willing to go the extra mile to deliver exceptional customer service?
Here at Mitchells & Butlers we offer our three year Hospitality Management Development Apprenticeship. In your first year, you will achieve a Level 2, Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship made up of 8 months learning basic skills and knowledge as part of our busy kitchen team, and four months serving food and drinks to our guests. Gaining experience from both perspectives will help you decide whether to continue your development towards a target role as a Kitchen Manager or an Assistant Manager.
We will give you the skills necessary to manage a team and drive results for the business you work in. From developing and implementing operational plans, conducting quality audits to managing budgets, you will take control of your own personal development and the development of your team.
What does that mean?
- A mixture of remote and face to face visits every 4 - 6 weeks,
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- On-line assessments and workshops
- Reviews every 12 weeks with Team Member, Regional Trainer and General Manager
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress,
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and Maths
- 30 hours paid work guaranteed every week
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- Understand and implement different leadership and management style over multiple departments
- Develop working relationships with key stakeholders
- Recruit the appropriate team members and manage their inductions
- Managing and implementing change in the workplace
- Consistently engage with guests and team members
- Analyse competitor activity
- Understand financial management
- Follow company codes of practise
- And much more…
What will I achieve?
You will achieve a nationally recognised, industry relevant apprenticeship, which is a certification of your transferable skills will stay with you throughout your career.
You will also develop skills that will ensure you are an asset to any business, enhancing your communication and management skills to reach your career potential within hospitality management.
What are the entry requirements?
You must be between 18 and 24*, have the right to work in the UK, no criminal convictions and not be in full time education. You must also have achieved a GCSE Grade D or higher in Maths and English.
We like you to have certain traits – to be hard working, with a good work ethic and the desire to learn. Our employees have to be self-motivated to work under pressure and time constraints, and of course a passion for hospitality is vital! But remember, we don’t expect you to have any relevant experience. We are looking for your personality and potential instead!
*In Scotland, this is school leavers age and 19